Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brent Johnson <br...@reedyriverpress.com> on 2001/09/27 18:23:55 UTC

Multiple WEB-INF/JVM's

I saw some posts in the mailing list archives about this but haven't
really figured out the solution.

I've got a "development" location and a "staging" location where I keep
all my JSP files (and XML using Cocoon).  I've then got virtual host
entries for both sites.  The problem is, I'd like to separate the
WEB-INF/classes for both (right now I've got the staging WEB-INF in my
CLASSPATH so any imports inside JSP come from that directory).

Ideally, I'd like to have both WEB-INF directories be separate, the
class "com.whatever.MyClass" comes from the dev class file in
development, and staging class file in staging.  I've got both vhosts
running just fine (by adding to the server.xml directory and such).
That's all running great.

(I'm using Tomcat 3.2.3 - also, should I go ahead and upgrade to 3.3???)

Thanks,

- Brent