Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Chris Graham <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/02 04:38:09 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1331837 - in /maven/plugin-tools/branches/MPLUGIN-189: ./ maven-plugin-tools-annotations/ maven-plugin-tools-annotations/src/ maven-plugin-tools-annotations/src/main/ maven-plugin-tools-annotations/src/main/java/ maven-plugin-tools-a

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 7:40 AM, Robert Scholte <ap...@sourcegrounds.com>wrote:

> +1 if we could get rid of the ${ and }, because users are not interested
> in the fact that this is resolved as an expression.
> This should make it better to read too.
>
> When I started with Maven I never had the feeling I was passing
> system-properties, so I doubt that this is the right name.
> I was passing something like goal-arguments...

If a variable is not resolved from a pom, then settings, does it not then
come from (if available) from the system properties?

Is this not the order of preecedence?

-Chris

Posted by Robert Scholte <ap...@sourcegrounds.com>.
The order is:
use system-properties if available,
otherwise use properties from pom.xml if available,
otherwise use properties from profiles.xml (only M2) if available,
otherwise use properties from user settings.xml if available,
otherwise use properties from global settings.xml

Is it possible to add another parameter?
I discovered that it can be quite easy to expose passwords when releasing:
just add -X in Jenkins and wait until you co-worker does a release. Now
you'll get the resolved plugin configuration.
I'm thinking of a converter-parameter, where you can define how a value
should be converted.
WDYT?

-Robert