Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Tobias Wunner <to...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/20 10:58:53 UTC

errrors when loading ConceptMapper AE in CVD

Hello,

at my first try using the ConceptMapper with the sample dictionary
(testDict.xml) I ran into some difficulties. The only documentation I
found was a docbook on the UIMA Sandbox SVN (not linked to the apache
sandbox yet) which I managed to compile with the docbook libraries. It
describes more the general parameters. So I assumed the AggregatEngine
descriptor files can be directly load into CAS Visual Debugger. After
doing this I got an resulting error of:

	SEVERE: Initialization of annotator class
"org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.ConceptMapper" failed

I executed the following steps:

create new project in Eclipse
add UIMA nature to the project
add the necessary librariy jar files
uima-core.jar
uima-tools.jar (CAS Visual Debugger)
xercesImpl-2.9.1.jar (SAX Parser)
Otherwise I get a java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser Exception from in
org
.apache
.uima
.conceptMapper.support.dictionaryResource.DictionaryResource_impl.load
add ConceptMapper source files to project
uima.tt
org.apache.uima.conceptMapper
add descriptor files to project
analysis_engine/primitive/ConceptMapperOffsetTokenizer.xml
analysis_engine/primitive/DictTerm.xml
analysis_engine/primitive/OffsetTokenizer.xml
analysis_engine/aggregate/OffsetTokenizerMatcher.xml
add the test dictionary
resources/dict/testDict.xml
change the path of the DictionaryFileName in resources of
"analysis_engine/aggregate/OffsetTokenizerMatcher.xml" from "file:dict/
testDict.xml" to "file:resources/dict/testDict.xml".
otherwise it would not load the dictionary and I got a
org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitialzationException with "Could
not access the resource data at file:dict/testDict.xml".
start CAS Visual Debuggger.
load aggregate engine "analysis_engine/aggregate/
OffsetTokenizerMatcher.xml" in CVD

Then I get:

	org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException: Error
initializing "org.apache.uima.resource.impl.DataResource_impl" from
descriptor ..../desc/analysis_engine/aggregate/
OffsetTokenizerMatcher.xml

with the appended error log. In the error log somehow the path names
got mixed up e.g. "/OtherStuff/IBM/eclipse-apacheuima/conceptMapper/
descriptors/analysis_engine/primitive/OffsetTokenizer.xml". Is it
maybe the xerces library (xercesImpl-2.9.1.jar) I attached manually.
Which SAX parser is recommended to use?

As far as I understood the "OffsetTokenizerMatcher"-AggregateEngine
loads the "OffsetTokenizer"-AnalysisEngine and the the
"ConceptMapperOffsetTokenizer"-AnalysisEngine. The dictionary file is
defined in the latter one. Is that correct?

I hope the problem description is not to overdetailed :)

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,
Toby

ERROR LOG

4/20/09 10:29:54 AM - 10:
org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.Logger.log(46): INFO: ConceptMapper
INFO: Loading Dictionary...
4/20/09 10:29:54 AM - 10:
org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.Logger.log(46): INFO: ConceptMapper
INFO: Loading dictionary
4/20/09 10:29:54 AM - 10:
org.apache.uima.tools.cvd.MainFrame.handleException(575): SEVERE:
Initialization of annotator class
"org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.ConceptMapper" failed.  (Descriptor:
file:/Users/tobys/Documents/workspace/exampleConceptMapper2/desc/
analysis_engine/primitive/ConceptMapperOffsetTokenizer.xml)
org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException:
Initialization of annotator class
"org.apache.uima.conceptMapper.ConceptMapper" failed.  (Descriptor:
file:/Users/tobys/Documents/workspace/exampleConceptMapper2/desc/
analysis_engine/primitive/ConceptMapperOffsetTokenizer.xml)
	at
org
.apache
.uima
.analysis_engine
.impl
.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl
.initializeAnalysisComponent(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:253)
	at
org
.apache
.uima
.analysis_engine
.impl
.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl
.initialize(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:157)
	at
org
.apache
.uima
.impl
.AnalysisEngineFactory_impl
.produceResource(AnalysisEngineFactory_impl.java:94)
	at
org
.apache
.uima
.impl
.CompositeResourceFactory_impl
.produceResource(CompositeResourceFactory_impl.java:62)
	at org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceResource(UIMAFramework.java:
258)
	at
org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine(UIMAFramework.java:
352)
	at
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.asb.impl.ASB_impl.setup(ASB_impl.java:
243)
	at
org
.apache
.uima
.analysis_engine
.impl
.AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl
.initASB(AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.java:413)
	at
org
.apache
.uima
.analysis_engine
.impl
.AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl
.initializeAggregateAnalysisEngine(AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.java:
361)
	at
org
.apache
.uima
.analysis_engine
.impl
.AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl
.initialize(AggregateAnalysisEngine_impl.java:183)
	at
org
.apache
.uima
.impl
.AnalysisEngineFactory_impl
.produceResource(AnalysisEngineFactory_impl.java:94)
	at
org
.apache
.uima
.impl
.CompositeResourceFactory_impl
.produceResource(CompositeResourceFactory_impl.java:62)
	at org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceResource(UIMAFramework.java:
258)
	at
org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine(UIMAFramework.java:
326)
	at org.apache.uima.tools.cvd.MainFrame.setupAE(MainFrame.java:1527)
	at
org.apache.uima.tools.cvd.MainFrame.loadAEDescriptor(MainFrame.java:524)
	at
org
.apache
.uima
.tools
.cvd
.control
.AnnotatorOpenEventHandler
.actionPerformed(AnnotatorOpenEventHandler.java:52)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:
2028)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton
$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2351)
	at
javax
.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:
387)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:
242)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:389)
	at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItemUI.java:
1220)
	at apple.laf.CUIAquaMenuItem.doClick(CUIAquaMenuItem.java:119)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI
$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1261)
	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6126)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3265)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4497)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2160)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:
4366)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:
4030)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3960)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2146)
	at
java
.awt
.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:
300)
	at
java
.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:
210)
	at
java
.awt
.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:
200)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:
195)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:
187)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:121)
Caused by: org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException
	at
org
.apache
.uima
.analysis_engine
.impl.compatibility.AnnotatorAdapter.initialize(AnnotatorAdapter.java:
113)
	at
org
.apache
.uima
.analysis_engine
.impl
.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl
.initializeAnalysisComponent(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:251)
	... 44 more
Caused by:
org
.apache.uima.analysis_engine.annotator.AnnotatorConfigurationException
	at
org
.apache.uima.conceptMapper.ConceptMapper.initialize(ConceptMapper.java:
343)
	at
org
.apache
.uima
.analysis_engine
.impl.compatibility.AnnotatorAdapter.initialize(AnnotatorAdapter.java:
109)
	... 45 more
Caused by: org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException
	at
org
.apache
.uima
.conceptMapper
.support
.dictionaryResource
.DictionaryResource_impl
.loadDictionaryContents(DictionaryResource_impl.java:278)
	at
org
.apache.uima.conceptMapper.ConceptMapper.initialize(ConceptMapper.java:
335)
	... 46 more
Caused by:
org
.apache
.uima
.conceptMapper.support.dictionaryResource.DictionaryLoaderException:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /OtherStuff/IBM/eclipse-apacheuima/
conceptMapper/descriptors/analysis_engine/primitive/
OffsetTokenizer.xml (No such file or directory)
	at
org
.apache
.uima
.conceptMapper
.support
.dictionaryResource
.annotatorAdaptor.AnnotatorAdaptor.<init>(AnnotatorAdaptor.java:84)
	at
org
.apache
.uima.conceptMapper.support.dictionaryResource.DictionaryResource_impl
$DictLoader.setDictionary(DictionaryResource_impl.java:938)
	at
org
.apache
.uima
.conceptMapper
.support
.dictionaryResource
.DictionaryResource_impl
.loadDictionaryContents(DictionaryResource_impl.java:263)
	... 47 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /OtherStuff/IBM/eclipse-
apacheuima/conceptMapper/descriptors/analysis_engine/primitive/
OffsetTokenizer.xml (No such file or directory)
	at
sun
.net
.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.connect(FileURLConnection.java:70)
	at
sun
.net
.www
.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.getInputStream(FileURLConnection.java:
161)
	at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1009)
	at org.apache.uima.util.XMLInputSource.<init>(XMLInputSource.java:83)
	at
org
.apache
.uima
.conceptMapper
.support
.dictionaryResource
.annotatorAdaptor.AnnotatorAdaptor.<init>(AnnotatorAdaptor.java:73)
	... 49 more

Re: errrors when loading ConceptMapper AE in CVD

Posted by Tobias Wunner <to...@gmail.com>.
Hello Ahmed,

thanks for your reply. Solved it.

I actually checked all descriptor files with the Component Descriptor
Editor (CDE) and couldn't see any absolute data paths. But checking
the source I found this:

	<name>TokenizerDescriptorPath</name>
	<value>
	<string>/OtherStuff/IBM/eclipse-apacheuima/conceptMapper/descriptors/
analysis_engine/primitive/OffsetTokenizer.xml</string>
	</value>

in ConceptMapperOffsetTokenizer.xml. You don't see this values with
the CDE.

Thanks,
Toby

Posted by "Hamed, Ahmed A." <ah...@gmail.com>.