Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Jim McNamara <3r...@verizon.net> on 2006/10/06 06:36:42 UTC

calling function : classpath problem SOLVED!

hi-

I just wanted to say thanks for helping again.
I am having a little better luck now that I have my new Apache Derby
Book.

in my setNetworkServerCP.bat I added c:\calcJar to the end like this so
it could find my class.
set
CLASSPATH=%DERBY_INSTALL%\lib\derby.jar;%DERBY_INSTALL%\lib\derbytools.j
ar;%DERBY_INSTALL%\lib\derbynet.jar;c:\calcJar;

I noticed that
set
CLASSPATH=%DERBY_INSTALL%\lib\derby.jar;%DERBY_INSTALL%\lib\derbytools.j
ar;%DERBY_INSTALL%\lib\derbynet.jar;%CLASSPATH%
wasn't working.  it would set some of the environment variables but not
all of them.  It was leaving the directory containing my function class
out.

isn't that kind of kooky?
I mean if you do an echo and environment variables display, wouldn't you
expect the batch file to work?
I caught it when reading the dos screen of the batch file commands when
the setNetworkServerCP.bat ran.

I really like derby compared to a few other db(s) I've fooled with.

have a good weekend,
jim

Re: calling function : classpath problem SOLVED!

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.
> I am having a little better luck now that I have my new Apache Derby Book.

Great! Good to hear you are having success.

> set
> CLASSPATH=%DERBY_INSTALL%\lib\derby.jar;%DERBY_INSTALL%\lib\derbytools.jar;%DERBY_INSTALL%\lib\derbynet.jar;%CLASSPATH%
>
> wasn’t working.  it would set some of the environment variables but not
> all of them.  It was leaving the directory containing my function class out.

Perhaps you have an issue with spaces and quoting. Getting the quotation marks
correct in a batch script is always rather delicate, and there are some common
directories on Windows (c:\Program Files is a good example) which have spaces
in their name.

Anyway, it sounds like you've got a script that is working, so good news.

thanks,

bryan