Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Joan Harrison <sr...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2003/06/04 00:14:15 UTC

JavaScript Menu --PLEASE!!!

Hi All,
   I am really need help from this forum please !!!.
As any body in this forum have ever tried buiding Menu with Tapestry2.4/3.0 using javascript!.??

For our project we are trying to biuld dropdown menu and data to menu ( javascript) is from Database ( and not hard coded).

I heard from many people in this forum that knitting Javascript within Tapestry is very easy but I can't get this idea at all.

would some one in this forum please help me to build menu.

FYI, menus I am trying to build is like the one shown in BrainJar.com ( http://www.brainjar.com/dhtml/menubar/demo.html).

your help is much much appreciated.

R.
Joan.

---------------------------------

Re: JavaScript Menu --PLEASE!!!

Posted by Bill Lear <ra...@zopyra.com>.
On Tuesday, June 3, 2003 at 23:14:15 (+0100) Joan Harrison writes:
>I heard from many people in this forum that knitting Javascript within Tapestry is very easy but I can't get this idea at all.
>
>would some one in this forum please help me to build menu.
>
>FYI, menus I am trying to build is like the one shown in BrainJar.com ( http://www.brainjar.com/dhtml/menubar/demo.html).
>
>your help is much much appreciated.

Have you looked at the Script component?  See the component reference
documentation for this.

Bill

SV: JavaScript Menu --PLEASE!!!

Posted by Per Norrman <pe...@telia.com>.
Hi,

Take a close look at the DatePicker component source. The bulk of the
JavaScript code is provided in DatePicker.js. In order to localize
the month names etc, and for connecting the button with the popup, some
unique variables and functions are created using the DatePicker.script
component. The DatePicker.java simply provides actual values for the
input symbols defined in the .script file.

I assume a menu component would work similarily. I.e. a generic function
library that act on a dynamic menu structure, Array objects, perhaps.
You would then create the dynamic menu structure in the same way as it is
done in DatePicker.java/DatePicker.script.

Right now, I cannot see how to provide URL:s for your menu items, but I'm
sure someone else has come across this before and solved it.

/pmn