Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jay Plesset <ja...@dp-design.com> on 2005/07/29 19:59:30 UTC

Problem loading ClamAV plugin

Usually, I'm pretty good at following instructions.  I have done so, far
as I can tell.

SA works fine.
ClamAV works, in that clamd starts, listens on the correct port, and
clamdscan works fine.

but. . .

spamassassin --lint throws this:

# /usr/local/bin/spamassassin --lint
failed to create instance of plugin ClamAV: Can't locate object method
"new" via package "ClamAV" (perhaps you forgot to load "ClamAV"?) at
(eval 46) line 1.

Failed to run CLAMAV SpamAssassin test, skipping:
    (Can't locate object method "check_clamav" via package
"Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus" at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/PerMsgStatus.pm
line 2312.
)
lint: 1 issues detected.  please rerun with debug enabled for more
information.
# ls

What I did:

Install current stable version clamav, 0-.86.2.  compiles and seems
happy.  freshclam is happy, too.

install File::Scan::ClamAV through cpan

copy the files, clamav.cf  clamav.pm to the /etc/mail/spamassassin
directory, and made them readable by the user that spamassassin is
running as.

The doc on installing the plugin has nothing beyond this:

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/ClamAVPlugin

Have I missed something obvious?  Googling hasn't helped...

thank you!

jay plesset

mail admin for D. P. Design
day job:  Tech Support (Messaging Server, Sun Microsystems)