Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Karoly VEGH <ka...@uta.at> on 2002/04/19 12:39:20 UTC

from a given directory to a servlet container

Hello,

i try to get apache communicate with tomcat,
how to give him a virtual host? i want to reach it, that when someone
connects with http for example to my.test.computer/examples then apache
gives the connection to Tomcat to a given port.

i have the following section in my httpd.conf:

-------->8-------------------------

<IfModule mod_webapp.c>
 WebAppConnection conn      warp  localhost:8180
 WebAppDeploy     examples    conn      /examples
# WebAppInfo /webapp-info
</IfModule>

WebAppDeploy takes three arguments, <name> <connection> <uri-path>

the problem is at apachectl configtest:

Syntax error on line 1039 of /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Invalid virtual host name

the 1039th line is WebAppDeploy     examples    conn      /examples

how to go on?

tia,

Charlie