Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Gavin Vess <ga...@onlinefocus.com> on 1997/04/08 09:00:04 UTC

mod_mime/326: rfc2068 non-adherance (section 10.4.6 405 Method Not Allowed)

>Number:         326
>Category:       mod_mime
>Synopsis:       rfc2068 non-adherance (section 10.4.6  405 Method Not Allowed)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        1.2b7
>Environment:
Solaris, gcc 2.7.2, 1.2b7, etc.

% diff Configuration Configuration.tmpl
169c169
< Module status_module       mod_status.o
---
> # Module status_module             mod_status.o
174c174
< Module info_module         mod_info.o
---
> # Module info_module         mod_info.o
181c181
< Module anon_auth_module    mod_auth_anon.o
---
> # Module anon_auth_module    mod_auth_anon.o
189c189
< Module dbm_auth_module     mod_auth_dbm.o
---
> # Module dbm_auth_module     mod_auth_dbm.o
205c205
< Module digest_module       mod_digest.o
---
> # Module digest_module       mod_digest.o
230c230
< Module usertrack_module      mod_usertrack.o
---
> # Module usertrack_module      mod_usertrack.o
Excerpt from rfc2068 (http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Protocols/rfc2068/rfc2068):

10.4.6 405 Method Not Allowed

   The method specified in the Request-Line is not allowed for the
   resource identified by the Request-URI. The response MUST include an
   Allow header containing a list of valid methods for the requested
   resource.

-
%telnet a_box_running_apache_1_2b7 80
Trying 170.1.195.50...
Connected to timecard.onlinefocus.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
POST http://timecard.onlinefocus.com/tcgi/tlogin
<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>405 Method Not Allowed</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Method Not Allowed</H1>
The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /tcgi/tlogin.<P>
</BODY></HTML>
Connection closed by foreign host.
-

I'd just like to say that I'm quite impressed with the quality
of Apache and am interested in seeing it continue to prosper.

--
Cheers,
Gavin Vess

OnlineFocus
408/725-7352
gavin@onlinefocus.com
>How-To-Repeat:
Set the ACTION of any FORM to any object which does not recognize POST methods.
Submit form.  I'd expect any attempt to use a POST method with an object which
does not recognize the POST method will not return a list of ALLOWable methods.
>Fix:
Oh, if I only had the time to examine the module's code .