Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Adam Prime <ad...@utoronto.ca> on 2009/04/23 19:31:29 UTC

mod_perl content at ApacheCon US 2009 (and conferences in general)

ApacheCon US is happen in Oakland CA this year from November 2nd to 6th,
and the PMC's of the various projects are being given the opportunity to
help organize content related to their projects.  In order for the PMC
to do this effectively, it would be helpful to know what other people
who are interested in mod_perl related content would find interesting,
for ApacheCon specifically, as well as for conferences in general.  If
you're interested in helping, please answer the following questions in
an email to more (or to the list if you'd prefer):

1) Do you plan to attend ApacheCon US this year?

2) Do you play to attend any other Perl related conferences this year?

3) What mod_perl related topics would you be interested in hearing talks
about?

Re: mod_perl content at ApacheCon US 2009 (and conferences in general)

Posted by Doug Bell <do...@plainblack.com>.
On Apr 23, 2009, at 12:31 PM, Adam Prime wrote:

> ApacheCon US is happen in Oakland CA this year from November 2nd to
> 6th,
> and the PMC's of the various projects are being given the
> opportunity to
> help organize content related to their projects.  In order for the PMC
> to do this effectively, it would be helpful to know what other people
> who are interested in mod_perl related content would find interesting,
> for ApacheCon specifically, as well as for conferences in general.  If
> you're interested in helping, please answer the following questions in
> an email to more (or to the list if you'd prefer):
>
> 1) Do you plan to attend ApacheCon US this year?

Yes.

> 2) Do you play to attend any other Perl related conferences this year?

Not besides the WebGUI Users Conference

> 3) What mod_perl related topics would you be interested in hearing
> talks
> about?

Performance tuning and profiling would be great
Clustering and caching
Setting up an efficient collaborative development environment

I'm really more interested in giving talks than I am in listening to
them, but I missed the deadline. Next year perhaps.

Doug Bell -- Senior Developer, Plain Black Corp.
[ http://plainblack.com ]
all that groks is

Re: mod_perl content at ApacheCon US 2009 (and conferences in general)

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@apache.org>.
On 23/04/09 13:31 , Adam Prime wrote:
> ApacheCon US is happen in Oakland CA this year from November 2nd to 6th,
> and the PMC's of the various projects are being given the opportunity to
> help organize content related to their projects.  In order for the PMC
> to do this effectively, it would be helpful to know what other people
> who are interested in mod_perl related content would find interesting,
> for ApacheCon specifically, as well as for conferences in general.  If
> you're interested in helping, please answer the following questions in
> an email to more (or to the list if you'd prefer):
>
> 1) Do you plan to attend ApacheCon US this year?

I didn't specifically plan to, but if there was the possibility of a decent
Perl/mod_perl track, I'd probably try to attend+present.

> 2) Do you play to attend any other Perl related conferences this year?

Not likely, no.

> 3) What mod_perl related topics would you be interested in hearing talks
> about?

I am personally interested in new/wacky things done with mod_perl, serious
internals/guts stuff as well as possible future directions.

Re: mod_perl content at ApacheCon US 2009 (and conferences in general)

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.
On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Adam Prime <ad...@utoronto.ca> wrote:
> ApacheCon US is happen in Oakland CA this year from November 2nd to 6th,
> and the PMC's of the various projects are being given the opportunity to
> help organize content related to their projects.  In order for the PMC
> to do this effectively, it would be helpful to know what other people
> who are interested in mod_perl related content would find interesting,
> for ApacheCon specifically, as well as for conferences in general.  If
> you're interested in helping, please answer the following questions in
> an email to more (or to the list if you'd prefer):
>
> 1) Do you plan to attend ApacheCon US this year?

Yes, I really hope so :)

> 2) Do you play to attend any other Perl related conferences this year?

Probably not, I run SF.pm so I get to put on a mini conference every
month :)  In the past I have attended the Nordic Perl Workshop (twice)
and YAPC::NA (four times).  I have attended ApacheCon four times, and
there is always at least one talk that makes the conference (usually
by Theo@omnti or Gozer or Geoff or Perrin)

> 3) What mod_perl related topics would you be interested in hearing talks
> about?

Performance Tuning
Front End Proxy Server Choices
Maintaining dual life mod_perl and mod_perl2 codebases
CGI to mod_perl - fast!
Migrating applications from mod_perl to mod_perl2

Re: mod_perl content at ApacheCon US 2009 (and conferences in general)

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Adam Prime wrote:
> ApacheCon US is happen in Oakland CA this year from November 2nd to 6th,
> and the PMC's of the various projects are being given the opportunity to
> help organize content related to their projects.  In order for the PMC
> to do this effectively, it would be helpful to know what other people
> who are interested in mod_perl related content would find interesting,
> for ApacheCon specifically, as well as for conferences in general.  If
> you're interested in helping, please answer the following questions in
> an email to more (or to the list if you'd prefer):
>
> 1) Do you plan to attend ApacheCon US this year?
No, but I recently attended ApacheCON Europe and I was very disappointed
to see NO mod_perl content in it at all.

?

> 3) What mod_perl related topics would you be interested in hearing talks
> about?
Just about anything.  I would be delighted just for mod_perl to be
present, so that it does not descend into obscurity.
The Apache world seems currently sooo dominated by Java, one would think
even httpd is written in it.
(I don't want to start a flame, troll, heated discussion, whatever here.
  Just stating a situation in which I feel very disappointed)

So, go for it guys, and make a big splash ! It's needed.