Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org> on 2015/01/06 01:37:31 UTC

Getting Started - environment

The Getting Started page does not say what sorts of environments work. I
started using cygwin on a Windows 8.1 machine with
RIVER_HOME='/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/Patricia/Downloads/River'

That does not seem to be working well, because of the embedded space.

Do we need to require a directory without spaces in its full path?

Patricia

Re: Getting Started - environment

Posted by Greg Trasuk <tr...@stratuscom.com>.
Couple other things you probably already know, but I’ll mention the obvious just in case…

If you’re typing a path in cygwin, you can include spaces by escaping them, e.g. /cygdrive/c/Documents\ and\ Settings/…

Also, sometimes, it helps to put the path in double-quotes, e.g ‘cd “/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/…”'

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk.

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

Posted by Greg Trasuk <tr...@stratuscom.com>.