Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Andre_LAU <an...@lau.eti.br> on 2008/07/03 21:10:29 UTC

Reboot OJB

Hello,
I'm to test performance of OJB - MySQL using an object-oriented aplication
based on the OO7 Benchmark specification.

To run the test I'm using the JMeter tool. Well, when I run the test at the
firt time it execute perfectly ... but, when I try another run without
close/reopen the JMeter tool the execution fails. I tried to find the error,
but I can't. My execution process clean-up the database and create e
populate a new database, after some process are made to the database
(queries, inserts and updates).
Below is my last log generated by two consecutive executions (without
close/reopen JMeter):

INICIALIZANDO TESTE ... <-- AT THIS POINT THE EXECUTION BEGINS (THE DATABASE
IS CLEANED)

[BOOT] INFO: -- boot log messages -->
[BOOT] INFO: Found logging properties file: OJB-logging.properties
[BOOT] INFO: Logging: Found logger class
'org.apache.ojb.broker.util.logging.PoorMansLoggerImpl
[BOOT] INFO: Loading OJB's properties:
jar:file:C:\jakarta-jmeter-2.3.1\lib\ext\Benchmark_MySQL.jar!/OJB.properties

Criando DATABASE ... <- AT THIS POINT A NEW DATABASE CONNECTION IS CREATED
[BOOT] INFO: PersistencebrokerFactory class instantiated:
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerFactoryDefaultImpl@1f846cd

EXECUTANDO TESTE ... <- AT THIS POINT THE FIRST TEST BEGINS (CREATE DATABASE
DATA)
Criando benchmark: 1
CompositePart created
AtomicPart: 4 created
AtomicPart: 5 created
AtomicPart: 6 created
AtomicPart: 7 created
AtomicPart: 8 created
Connection: from: 0 to: 1
Connection: from: 0 to: 3
Connection: from: 1 to: 2
Connection: from: 0 to: 2
Connection: from: 2 to: 3
Connection: from: 0 to: 0
Connection: from: 3 to: 4
Connection: from: 0 to: 4
Connection: from: 4 to: 0
Connection: from: 0 to: 2
CompositePart created
AtomicPart: 21 created
AtomicPart: 22 created
AtomicPart: 23 created
AtomicPart: 24 created
AtomicPart: 25 created
Connection: from: 0 to: 1
Connection: from: 0 to: 0
Connection: from: 1 to: 2
Connection: from: 0 to: 1
Connection: from: 2 to: 3
Connection: from: 0 to: 2
Connection: from: 3 to: 4
Connection: from: 0 to: 0
Connection: from: 4 to: 0
Connection: from: 0 to: 0
level: 2
level: 1
level: 1
INICIALIZANDO TESTE ...
EXECUTANDO TESTE ... <- AT THIS POINT THE 2º TEST BEGINS (INSERT OF A NEW
COMPONENT)
CompositePart created
AtomicPart: 42 created
AtomicPart: 43 created
AtomicPart: 44 created
AtomicPart: 45 created
AtomicPart: 46 created
Connection: from: 0 to: 1
Connection: from: 0 to: 1
Connection: from: 1 to: 2
Connection: from: 0 to: 0
Connection: from: 2 to: 3
Connection: from: 0 to: 2
Connection: from: 3 to: 4
Connection: from: 0 to: 1
Connection: from: 4 to: 0
Connection: from: 0 to: 4
INICIALIZANDO TESTE ...
EXECUTANDO TESTE ... <- AT THIS POINT THE 3º TEST BEGINS (DELETE OF THE
COMPONENT INSERTED IN THE 2º TEST)
CompositePart apagado ...
FINALIZANDO TESTE ... <-
FINALIZANDO TESTE ... <- THESE THREE ARE CLOSE METHODS FOR THE 3 TESTS
EXECUTED ABOVE
FINALIZANDO TESTE ... <- HERE THE DATABASE CONNECTIONS ARE CLOSED

INICIALIZANDO TESTE ... <- AT THIS POINT A NEW RUN IS STARTED (THE DATABASE
IS CLEANED)
Criando DATABASE ... <- A NEW DATABASE CONNECTION
EXECUTANDO TESTE ... <- AT THIS POINT THE 1º TEST BEGINS (CREATE OF NEW
DATABASE DATA)
Criando benchmark: 1
CompositePart created
AtomicPart: 4 created
AtomicPart: 5 created
AtomicPart: 6 created
AtomicPart: 7 created
AtomicPart: 8 created
Connection: from: 0 to: 1
Connection: from: 0 to: 3
Connection: from: 1 to: 2
Connection: from: 0 to: 2
Connection: from: 2 to: 3
Connection: from: 0 to: 4
Connection: from: 3 to: 4
Connection: from: 0 to: 0
Connection: from: 4 to: 0
Connection: from: 0 to: 0
CompositePart created
AtomicPart: 21 created
AtomicPart: 22 created
AtomicPart: 23 created
AtomicPart: 24 created
AtomicPart: 25 created
Connection: from: 0 to: 1
Connection: from: 0 to: 0
Connection: from: 1 to: 2
Connection: from: 0 to: 0
Connection: from: 2 to: 3
Connection: from: 0 to: 1
Connection: from: 3 to: 4
Connection: from: 0 to: 0
Connection: from: 4 to: 0
Connection: from: 0 to: 1
level: 2
level: 1
level: 1 <- AT THIS POINT THE FIRST TEST ENDS. APARENTLY THE EXECUTION IS
OK, BUT ISN'T. THE DATA AREN'T WRITEN TO THE DATABASE AS DONE ON THE FIRST
RUN.
INICIALIZANDO TESTE ...
EXECUTANDO TESTE ... <- AT THIS POINT THE 2º TEST BEGINS, BUT THE EXECUTION
FAILS WHEN I TRY TO RECOVER THE DATA FROM DATABASE
FINALIZANDO TESTE ... <- THE 3º TEST DO NOT BEGIN
FINALIZANDO TESTE ... <-

Note that the boot log from OJB appears only at the begin of the first run.
I tried too many things to solve this problem, like recreate the odmg
instance, force reopen database, etc, but no one worked. I think that the
problem is out of my implementation. I want to try (if possible) force
reboot of OJB or another sugestion, some one can help-me?

Below there is my main application class:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p18266411/OO7_Benchmark_MySQL.java
OO7_Benchmark_MySQL.java