Posted to users@groovy.apache.org by Merlin Beedell <MB...@cryoserver.com> on 2015/09/01 13:36:31 UTC

Windows Installer for groovy 2.4.4 (incl. third party tools)

This link worked a treat.  I installed it on a new PC with Windows 10.
To allow this installer to work nice and smoothly, I did the following prior to running it:

1.       Install Java (JDK in my case) and manually add JAVA_HOME path to the environment variables.

2.       To install vcredist_x86_sp1.exe. This allows the installer to detect if 64 bit java is installed, and adjusts the install accordingly.

I noticed that the two final panels, that set environment variables, took a minute to complete.  I am not sure if this was Windows 10 security getting in the way – but it did eventually complete.  I have not seen this delay before (I have performed the install several times before on prior versions), so I can only assert that it is a Win10 thing.

So yes, I am very happy now.  Thank you very much.

Merlin