Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Irfan Sayed <ir...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/14 14:34:05 UTC

modules not getting loaded on windows subversion server

Hi All,

Just wanted to know, dav_svn_module and authz_svn_module are platform
specific ???
i am trying to set up the apache based subversion windows server but it
seems that the load modules in httpd.conf are not getting loaded.

i am getting following error in the event logs of windows subversion server
when i try to start apache service

*The Apache service named reported the following error:*

*>>> httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 127 of C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/Program Files/Apache
Software Foundation/Apache2.2/modules/mod_dav_svn.so into server: The Apache
service named is not a valid Win32 application. .*

*regards*

*irf*

Re: modules not getting loaded on windows subversion server

Posted by Eric Johnson <er...@tibco.com>.
I know very little current about Windows, but it is very suspicious that
the HTTPD path includes "win64", but the configuration is complaining about
"win32". It sounds like you somehow ended up with conflicting support for
32-bits vs. 64-bits.

Searching for the error string yields a lot of hits that point in the same
direction.

This, for example:
https://serverfault.com/questions/477706/apache-ssl-on-64-bit-windows-not-a-valid-win32-application

Eric.

Posted by Gomathi <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 06:23, Irfan Sayed <ir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks. It was my mistake.
> now i copied the correct module but now it throwing error on following code
> in http.conf file.

Give us the EXACT error.

Posted by Gomathi <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

I have installed Apache http server 2.4.39 in Windows server 2012 R2 and I
tried to load below modules from subversion to Apache, iam getting the below
error.

Error:
The Apache service named reported the following error
>>> httpd.exe: syntax error on the line 188 of

Posted by Irfan Sayed <ir...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. it worked now....

regards
irf

Posted by Olivier Sannier <ob...@free.fr>.

Posted by Irfan Sayed <ir...@gmail.com>.
first of all , how to stop top posting ..
secondly, i found that mod_dav is only for apache 1.3.x and not for apache
2.x
can you please tell me where i can get mod_dav for apache 2.x

regards
irf

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 06:41, Irfan Sayed <ir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i have copied following two modules in the modules dir. and mentioned in the
> http.conf file
>
> mod_dav_svn.so
> mod_authz_svn.so
>
> the error in the event log is
> The Apache service named reported the following error:

> another error is :
>
> The Apache service named reported the following error:

> and the line no. 488 is " DAV svn"
>
> please advice

As Olivier posted, you need mod_dav.so as well (this is an Apache
module, not a Subversion module for Apache). And please stop
top-posting.

Re: modules not getting loaded on windows subversion server

Posted by Irfan Sayed <ir...@gmail.com>.
i have copied following two modules in the modules dir. and mentioned in the
http.conf file

mod_dav_svn.so
mod_authz_svn.so

the error in the event log is
The Apache service named reported the following error:

>>> Invalid command 'DAV', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration .

another error is :

The Apache service named reported the following error:

>>> Syntax error on line 488 of C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: .

and the line no. 488 is " DAV svn"

please advice

regards