Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Copo <CO...@hotmail.com> on 2008/07/07 17:30:57 UTC

Eclipse Integration

Hi!
The command mvn eclipse:eclipse is usefull to import a project into eclipse.
But I want to import a single additional class I created (only for sending
jms test messages) and mvn "requires a project with an existing POM.xml".
How could I do?

Thank you in advance!

Copo

Re: Eclipse Integration

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 3:47 AM, Copo <CO...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you very much, you solved most of my difficulties.
> So I used a Maven archetype to create a Maven project, and I added my class,
> I filled dependencies, I installed and I did mvn eclipse:eclipse, but
> eclipse still wants a package org.logicblaze.lingo.jms, and mvn still says
> that "package javax.jbi.messaging does not exist". What did I forget?

Regarding the Eclipse error, it sounds like the Eclipse classpath does
not contain all the necessary Lingo classes that you're using in your
project. The Eclipse .classpath file is generated by the
eclipse:eclipse goal if you're not using m2eclipse. If you are using
m2eclipse then it handles the creation of that file for you without
the need to run the eclipse:eclipse goal.

Regarding the Maven error, it sounds like you have a missing
dependency in a POM. The package it's seeing is located in the
servicemix-core component. Figure out which POM needs this dependency
and add it.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: Eclipse Integration

Posted by Copo <CO...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Eclipse Integration

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: Eclipse Integration

Posted by Copo <CO...@hotmail.com>.
Sorry, I am trying to understand the details properly, just a couple of
clarifications :
1- When you create a component, you have to specify a "group ID". And it
must be the package path in all your java classes, isn't it? Is the choice
of this name important?
2- How does maven recognize the packages you want to import in your classes?
I have often read "package does not exist" when building
3- What exactly does mvn eclipse:eclipse command?
Again, apologies for getting stuck so much ^^
I am a servicemix and eclipse newbie, I used to work with the IDE DrJava
Thank you for your patience!

Re: Eclipse Integration

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: Eclipse Integration

Posted by Copo <CO...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Eclipse Integration

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: Eclipse Integration

Posted by sharpor <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Copo
I'm newbie two.. but I suggest you to use new plugin so that you need not do
mvn eclilpse:eclipse any more.
Details see:
http://www.nabble.com/Maven-Eclipse-plugin-error%3A-Updating-classpath-container%3A-project-name--tp18299301p18308730.html