Posted to dev@olingo.apache.org by Yi Li <li...@outlook.com> on 2020/05/18 08:10:33 UTC

Issues about AsyncRequestWrapper

Hi All,

We are using OLingo V4 client library in our project. When use the AsyncRequestWrapper, we found some issues.

1. AsyncRequestWrapperImpl always send chunked HTTP request, even it is disabled by Configuration.setUseChuncked(false).

2. AsyncRequestWrapperImpl can not process relative URL in Location header. If a relative URL(such as: ../../_async('EQ1XW')) is returned from server side,
an exception will be reported by AsyncRequestWrapperImpl.checkLocation function. We think that should be a 'shortcoming' of OLingo, not only are relative URLs
allowed/supported according to the OData standard, better yet they SHOULD be relative for the sole reason that often the server maybe work behind a proxy,
which resides at a different URI, likely on a different HOST, most likely running on a different port and most definitely accepting request on a different service root path.
Relative URLs, part of the HTTP standard on which OData, are exactly there to make these transitions easy.

Regards

Ricky