Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "arcken@stofanet.dk" <ar...@stofanet.dk> on 2018/07/13 18:57:59 UTC

Kan min danske Ordbog i Open Office bevares ved en evt. opdatering

Hej Open Office support

For øjeblikket gennemgår jeg flere af mine dokumenter med stavekontrol og
jeg udvider min ordbog
med de ord den ikke kender.

Efterhånden må min ordbog være udvidet ganske betydeligt og jeg kan ikke
lade være med at tænke
på, hvad der sker med den ved en evt. opdatering.

Jeg bruger pt/Open Office 4.1.5. og er meget glad for programmet.

Jeg har følgende spørgsmål:

1.) Mister jeg ordbogen ved en senere opdatering ? Bliver den overskrevet
med nye filer ?
2.) eller kan ordbogen bevares ?
3.) Kan man redigere blandt ordene i ordbogen ?
4.) I bekræftende fald, kan jeg finde ordbogen blandt filerne i open office
mappen ?

Subject: Can my Danish Dictionary in Open Office be preserved by a possible.
update

Hi Open Office support

Currently, I review multiple of my spellcheck documents and I expand my
dictionary
with the words it does not know.

Gradually my dictionary must be expanded quite significantly and I can not
help thinking
on what happens to it with a possible update of the program in the future.

I am using pt / Open Office 4.1.5. and are very pleased with the program.

I have the following questions:

1.) Do I lose the dictionary at a later update ? Will it be overwritten with
new files ?
2.) Or can the dictionary be preserved ?
3.) Can you edit among the words in the dictionary ?
4.) If so, can I find the dictionary among the files in the open office
folder ?

 Med venlig hilsen (Best regards)

Arne-Beck Christensen
Hermelinvej 4
7100 Vejle

Tlf   :75837856
Mob:60493884

E-mail:arcken@stofanet.dk

---
Denne mail er kontrolleret for vira af AVG.
http://www.avg.com

Re: Kan min danske Ordbog i Open Office bevares ved en evt. opdatering

Posted by David Robley <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 14/07/18 04:27, arcken@stofanet.dk wrote:
> Subject: Can my Danish Dictionary in Open Office be preserved by a possible.
> update
>

> Hi Open Office support
>
> Currently, I review multiple of my spellcheck documents and I expand my
> dictionary
> with the words it does not know.
>
> Gradually my dictionary must be expanded quite significantly and I can not
> help thinking
> on what happens to it with a possible update of the program in the future.
>
> I am using pt / Open Office 4.1.5. and are very pleased with the program.
>
> I have the following questions:
>
> 1.) Do I lose the dictionary at a later update ? Will it be overwritten with
> new files ?
In respect of the user defined dictionary you are adding words to, no,
unless you reset your user profile. The user profile is stored
separately from the AOO program files. See
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426 for
more information on the user profile
> 2.) Or can the dictionary be preserved ?
Yes - see above
> 3.) Can you edit among the words in the dictionary ?
Yes. Go to Tools | Options | Language Settings | Writing Aids where any
user-defined dictionaries you have created will be listed and can be
edited via the Edit button.
If you are on a Mac,OpenOffice | Preferences instead of Tools | Options.
> 4.) If so, can I find the dictionary among the files in the open office
> folder ?
Not necessary - see above. But the user defined dictionaries are stored
in the wordbook directory in the user profile.

Cheers
--
David Robley

Multitasking causes schizophrenia..

Re: Kan min danske Ordbog i Open Office bevares ved en evt. opdatering

Posted by "arcken@stofanet.dk" <ar...@stofanet.dk>.
Hello Keith

Thank you for the information. I was afraid that an update would remove the
dictionary so I would start over again.

Arne-Beck

> For øjeblikket gennemgår jeg flere af mine dokumenter med stavekontrol og
> jeg udvider min ordbog
> med de ord den ikke kender.
>
> Efterhånden må min ordbog være udvidet ganske betydeligt og jeg kan ikke
> lade være med at tænke
> på, hvad der sker med den ved en evt. opdatering.
>
> Jeg bruger pt/Open Office 4.1.5. og er meget glad for programmet.
>
> Jeg har følgende spørgsmål:
>
> 1.) Mister jeg ordbogen ved en senere opdatering ? Bliver den overskrevet
> med nye filer ?
> 2.) eller kan ordbogen bevares ?
> 3.) Kan man redigere blandt ordene i ordbogen ?
> 4.) I bekræftende fald, kan jeg finde ordbogen blandt filerne i open
office
> mappen ?

> Subject: Can my Danish Dictionary in Open Office be preserved by a
possible.
> update
>

> Hi Open Office support
>
> Currently, I review multiple of my spellcheck documents and I expand my
> dictionary
> with the words it does not know.
>
> Gradually my dictionary must be expanded quite significantly and I can not
> help thinking
> on what happens to it with a possible update of the program in the future.
>
> I am using pt / Open Office 4.1.5. and are very pleased with the program.
>
> I have the following questions:
>
> 1.) Do I lose the dictionary at a later update ? Will it be overwritten
with
> new files ?
> 2.) Or can the dictionary be preserved ?
> 3.) Can you edit among the words in the dictionary ?
> 4.) If so, can I find the dictionary among the files in the open office
> folder ?
>

>  Med venlig hilsen (Best regards)
>
> Arne-Beck Christensen
> Hermelinvej 4
> 7100 Vejle
>
> Tlf   :75837856
> Mob:60493884
>
> E-mail:arcken@stofanet.dk
>

> ---
> Denne mail er kontrolleret for vira af AVG.
> http://www.avg.com

Arne-Beck;

The dictionary is stored in the AOO user profile which is not touched by
the normal update procedure

Regards
Keith N. McKenna