Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Jean-Yves Baudy <jy...@free.fr> on 2004/04/17 14:09:29 UTC

RE : fix for HTTP 1.1 chunking

Hi John,

When I started on this project I looked for a way to have HTTP 1.1
chunked messages (and it is not so simple). I first concentrated my
efforts in the tooling so is the reason why the HTTP_1_0 macro was added.

Your code can will only work for responses less than 1024 bytes. For
HTTP 1.1 chunked message the client receiver should read messages by
chunked size fragments. The deserialization process read messages by
fragment of 1024 bytes (See operator >> in Channel.cpp). So your
implementation will failed for responses greater than 1024 bytes.

Another thing that make me confused if the test for chunked in the code:

if(pos = strLine.find("Transfer Encoding: chunked"))

I think that this code will be evaluating as true in every case. My WAS
return "Transfer-Encoding" not "Transfer Encoding" and pos=-1 if the
string is not found (so test is true).

For test cases I have already posted a week ago the test cases I used
with WAS. Look here:

  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-c-dev&m=108151487330314&w=2

Just use AxisBench.wsdl to show the failure (server side only return the
input parameter).

Regards,

Jean-Yves

RE : fix for HTTP 1.1 chunking

Posted by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com>.

Thanks for the buddy check Jean-Yves,

I'll continue to work on the 1024 bytes issue - thankyou.

John.

John Hawkins,

Tel:
Internal:  (7) 24-7131
External: (+44 ) (0) 1962 817131

Mailpoint 188,
IBM UK,
Hursley Park,
Winchester,
UK.
SO21 2JN

             Jean-Yves Baudy
             <jy.baudy@free.fr
                                       axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
             17/04/2004 13:09                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         RE : fix for HTTP 1.1 chunking
              "Apache AXIS C
             Developers List"