Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Tomasz Urbaszek <to...@polidea.com> on 2019/11/27 16:11:32 UTC

Re: [PROPOSAL] Migrate to Pytest

Hi all,

Here is a PR that introduces pytest. Your opinions are highly appreciated!
;)
https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/6472

Travis's red due to one test (test_on_kill) but it can be fixed as seen in
previous commits.

Bests,
Tomek

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.
Just skimmed through the PR and looks good. Good work Tomek.

I will have do a detailed review soon (if not today, then Monday).

Regards,
Kaxil

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <to...@polidea.com>.
It seems that we are able to migrate from nose to pytest. As mentioned
earlier in this thread it seems
wise to merge the PR as soon as possible. It's a rather fundamental change
so I would target it for next
week instead of doing it on Friday.

When we switch to pytest we should be able to use all its features
including marking tests and custom
plugins (that already helped to remove some scripts). Next step I would
like to take is to extract tests that
rely on database and isolate them with fixtures so we can start eliminating
side effects.

From developer perspective the change means mostly that you should use