Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com> on 2012/02/27 20:17:30 UTC

0.94 branch

End of February is approaching and I would like to branch 0.94 (dubbed "performance release") soon.

The two changes that I think need to make it in are:
HBASE-5074 "Support checksums in HBase block cache"
HBASE-4608 "HLog Compression"

Both look reasonably close to being done.

Should we wait with branching until these are done, or branch now'ish and continue with these two
in the 0.94 branch? I'd vote for the latter.

Thanks.

-- Lars

Re: 0.94 branch

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 11:17 AM, lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> End of February is approaching and I would like to branch 0.94 (dubbed "performance release") soon.
>
> The two changes that I think need to make it in are:
> HBASE-5074 "Support checksums in HBase block cache"
> HBASE-4608 "HLog Compression"
>
> Both look reasonably close to being done.
>
> Should we wait with branching until these are done, or branch now'ish and continue with these two
> in the 0.94 branch? I'd vote for the latter.

Me too.

J-D

Re: 0.94 branch

Posted by lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com>.