Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Robin Rigby <ro...@gondolier.org.uk> on 2007/12/20 22:28:24 UTC

Cocoon 2.2 tutorial

Cocoon 2.2 may be wonderful when you get to know it but meanwhile the
multiple learning curves are tiresome.  I mean maven + spring + eclipse +
cocoon.

How do I identify what is missing, here?  The third page of the tutorial [3]
works fine.  At the top of the next page [4], the web application is OK but
then I create a parent pom and I get the error below.  Eclipse won't let me
open the parent pom, so I have to run 'mvn install' from the command line.
It seems to process myBlock2 and myBlock1, then fail in myCocoonWebapp,
which works perfectly well on its own.

I have checked that org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin:2.0.2 is in my
local repository.  Tried mvn -U.  Doesn't help.

Other threads have suggested deleting (all or part of) the repository and
starting again.  That cannot be a satisfactory solution for a system that
may one day go into production.

Is there somewhere a guide to where to look first to identify maven
dependency problems?

Please

Robin

[3] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/dev-docs/2.2/1291_1_1.html
[4] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/dev-docs/2.2/1362_1_1.html

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin:2.0.2:war': Unable to find the
mojo 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin:2.0.2:war' in the plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin'
Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository:
org.apache.maven.plugin.Mojoorg.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin:2.0.2:
war.
[INFO]