Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Pool <dp...@SeeBeyond.com> on 2001/11/10 01:24:13 UTC

Tomcat and Apache and mod_jk on Win2K

I now have Tomcat4.0.1/Apache1.3.20 and SSL running together on Win2K. I had
to use mod_jk and ajp13, the warp connector does not work yet. The
connection between Tomcat and Apache seems to be reliable, about 95% of the
time anyway.

The connection seems worst just after a fresh installation of the web-app,
meaning the JSP pages have not been translated/compiled yet. Frequently
you'll get a page not found, and hitting the refresh button a time or two
will cause it to load. Once you make a pass through all the pages, the pages
load close to 100% of the time. I'm not certain that the translate/compile
time is causing the failure to load, but it seems that way at this point. My
question is, is there a timeout or some such parameter that can be set on
mod_jk or ajp13, so it doesn't respond so quickly with a page not found?

On the other hand I may be barking up the wrong tree and the problem lies
elsewhere. Very rarely I have Win2K report an Apache error and say it's
going to close Apache, but it doesn't, and everything seems to be running OK
after that. Anyone seen this, or know what this is about?

Thanks,

Dave
dpool at seebeyond dot com