Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Norbert Burger <no...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/15 17:25:15 UTC

status of bin/rename_table.rb

Hi folks,

Does anyone have a good working process for renaming tables?  From the
links below, I gather that the bin/rename_table.rb (last included in
0.90.x) had a few issues.

http://search-hadoop.com/m/TVnYN1OEdOT/Hbase%253A+Table+rename&subj=renaming+table
http://search-hadoop.com/m/uAfm51RZCl42/Hbase%253A+Table+rename&subj=Hbase+Table+rename

I tried rename_table.rb a few times with some of our larger tables and
did have some issues with .META., but it's not clear to me if these
issues were caused by rename_table or not.

Norbert

RE: status of bin/rename_table.rb

Posted by Tianying Chang <ti...@ebaysf.com>.
I already fixed this script to make it working mid last year, we used it in our production since. Also we don't need to run hbck -fix afterwards.  The script works for both 92 and 94.  I will publish my patch.

Thanks
Tian-Ying

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Tian-Ying,