Posted to user@struts.apache.org by mh...@lwplus.de on 2002/06/03 10:53:09 UTC

multiple frames

I want to work with multiple frames.

I have a file index.html that contains two frames. When the "submit" button
on this index.html page is pressed, both these frames should be refreshed;
should display the newest data from the database.

When I call the index.html how do I specify that the data is to be reloaded
in "both" the frames?

What's the best way to handle this problem???
Are there any available texts?

Thanks Matthias

----------------
Hanel Matthias
Fachinformatiker (Anwendungsentwicklung) in Ausbildung
Logistik World GmbH	Fon:	+49-841-9014-300
Marie-Curie-Strasse 6	Fax:	+49-841-9014-302
D- 85055 Ingolstadt    	mailto:mhanel@lwplus.de

Re: multiple frames

Posted by Adam Hardy <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
Hi Matthias,
the frames issue is totally meaningless to struts - each frame acts as
an individual page, therefore struts thinks of the requests as normal
browser windows.

If your index.html has a frameset tag in it, it can't have any other
html - it supports the pages in the frames. Your submit button must be
in one of the frames - unless you're doing iframes or something. If you
want the other frame to be refreshed at the same time, you have to do it
with javascript via the submit event of the first frame.

Regards
Adam