Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Erik Drolshammer <dr...@idi.ntnu.no> on 2007/04/27 15:36:08 UTC

PoC to show new feature

Hi!
I have written a PoC to illustrate the concept we have discussed earlier
(search for thread with topic "Does this feature already exist?").

The PoC works for add/remove projects, but don't support add/remove
depencies in the pom or in the list of derived dependencies.

I must work on my report now, so I haven't planned any more programming
  before delivery.

As it is, it's pretty useless, but I can work more on it later, if the
community is interested.

A rough todo list would then be:

* Port the PoC to trunk or continuum-1.1-alpha.

* Implement update (i.e., add and remove dependencies from pom.xml)

* Add reference to original project in the derived projects

* Add reference to original dependency in the derived dependencies

* Read derived dependencies from xml-file (enable/disable in xml-file).
    (log4j:log4j:1.2.14, commons-logging:commons-logging:1.1 and
jmock:jmock:1.1.0 are now set as derived dependencies)

* Remove all java 1.5 syntax to conform with java 1.4 syntax

* GUI: tree structure (click to maximize and show the derived projects)

+ clean up the code and proper tests

Comments?

Is tool support for the concept useful?

Given proper code, syntax, etc. is it probable that it would be accepted
into continuum?

Links:
PoC src-code: http://svn.fjas.no/continuum-1.0.3-ed/
TestProject: http://svn.fjas.no/test/modularTestProject/
Report: http://folk.ntnu.no/drolsham/temp/report-snapshot.pdf

--
Erik Drolshammer

Re: PoC to show new feature

Posted by Erik Drolshammer <dr...@idi.ntnu.no>.
Hi!
I plan to write the further work section of my thesis within the next
couple of days. If anyone have any comments on my todo list, I would
really appreciate to hear them.

The report can still be found at
http://folk.ntnu.no/drolsham/temp/report-snapshot.pdf, if anyone is
interested.