Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Amir D. Kolsky" <am...@kolsky.com> on 2002/05/01 00:04:14 UTC

RE: You make the decision (was Re: Quick! convert all yourprojects to maven!)

"Krysalis isn't our own dog food."

Arrrrrgh.... NIH....

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 4/30/02 3:04 PM, "Amir D. Kolsky" <am...@kolsky.com> wrote:

> "Krysalis isn't our own dog food."
>
> Arrrrrgh.... NIH....

Yes. I admit that I'm biased towards Jakarta technologies, but it has
nothing to do with NIH (focus on invented), think of it more like me being
community centered.

The same reason why I use Catalina instead of Jetty. Both are good
containers, it is just that Catalina came from here and this is my community
that I belong to.

I support the community I belong to. Simple.

Now, why doesn't Krysalis join with Maven? Would that be calling the
Krysalis developers NIH? I don't think so...it is their choice.

I also gave valid technical reasons why I prefer Maven....however, you
choose to focus on the dog food statement. Yawn. I await your patches.

-jon