Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Zysman, Roiy" <ro...@intel.com> on 2003/05/29 12:52:28 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache's buffer flush issue..

Hi All,

I'm reposting it for the second time because I didn't get any response the
first time. I'm sure that a mailing list with such distinguished members can
share some light on my problem.

I'm using Apache 2.0.43. The problem is that when running a cgi that outputs
html code it becomes visible (on the browser ) only  after the cgi scripts
ends.
On my other Apache 1.3.23 the first parts of the generated html are
outputted immediately while the cgi script is running .
Does Apache 2.0 differ in the way if flushes its buffer compared to 1.3.23?
Is there anyway to tell Apache 2.0 to make the buffer flush immediately?

Thanks.
Roiy

Re: [users@httpd] Apache's buffer flush issue..

Posted by Benjamin Krueger <be...@seattlefenix.net>.
* Zysman, Roiy (roiy.zysman@intel.com) [030529 03:46]:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm reposting it for the second time because I didn't get any response the
> first time. I'm sure that a mailing list with such distinguished members can
> share some light on my problem.
>
> I'm using Apache 2.0.43. The problem is that when running a cgi that outputs
> html code it becomes visible (on the browser ) only  after the cgi scripts
> ends.
> On my other Apache 1.3.23 the first parts of the generated html are
> outputted immediately while the cgi script is running .
> Does Apache 2.0 differ in the way if flushes its buffer compared to 1.3.23?
> Is there anyway to tell Apache 2.0 to make the buffer flush immediately?
>
> Thanks.
> Roiy

Does apache know this is an nph script? Is the script named nph-scriptname.cgi?
Are you sure it's Apache and not your scripting language? Perl will buffer by
default.

--
Benjamin Krueger