Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by chu luk <ul...@yahoo.com> on 2001/03/23 02:16:36 UTC

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Hi,
I have a servlet listens for HTTP POST request.  then
query the oracle database and response --> request /
response are XML.

I had 10 Load Test client keep sending HTTP request to
servlet as fast as they can --> for 10 hours

But within 10 hours, all the response are OK, except i
got a couple of servlet internal error says "Out of
Memory" for some of the client.

Error: 500
Location: /test/server
Internal Servlet Error:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Do I have a memory leak?  or that means too servlet is
overLoad?  or Any thing cause this error? Is this a
common error? I believe my servlet's memeory
requirement is not that big. but i had at least 100
String object in it.

thanks.

P.S, my Config is:
oracle 8.1.6
tomcat 3.2
apache 1.3.17
Sun OS 5.6
use HTTP / XML for request / response
average run time / request = 500 milli - second
# of client = 10

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/