Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2010/08/18 16:19:05 UTC

StarTeam Express

Hi,

there seems to be a free edition of StarTeam for small teams now
<http://www.microfocus.com/products/StarTeam/starteam-express-edition.aspx>

Does anybody know what the platform requirements are (I could't find
that on the website and it doesn't make sense to give away my data if I
cannot install the bundle afterwards) and whether this edition is
compatible with the Java lib we use for our tasks?

Stefan

Re: StarTeam Express

Posted by John Ballment <jb...@bigpond.net.au>.
Hi Stefan,

According to the documentation "StarTeam Express Edition is a
fully-functioning free edition of the software and is aimed at individual or
small team use. A useful entry-level version, StarTeam Express can be
seamlessly upgraded to StarTeam Enterprise Edition to support changing
organizational needs and growth" (
http://www.microfocus.com/assets/starteam-express-edition_tcm6-174212.pdf).
This would make me assume that it's just a user limited version of StarTeam.

And from the download page it says "StarTeam Express 2009 R2 is provided as
a free of charge application based on the Enterprise Edition of the
commercial product StarTeam 2009 R2. The main limitation with this
downloadable application is a limit to a maximum of 10 users. Should your
future needs ever require the scalability of any commercial edition of
StarTeam, it is a simple matter of applying the new license key after
purchasing such – there is no need to re-install the product unless you are
also upgrading to a newer version. In order to access your free download we
do require that you provide us with the below information" (
http://www.microfocus.com/products/StarTeam/tryitform.asp?sku=MFTrialRequest&prod_id=StarTeam%20Express%20&evalpartnumber=STEX2009R2
).

Regards

John Ballment