Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Misha Nesterenko <mi...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/20 14:42:34 UTC

Fwd: Custom ACL source

Hello all

I wonder is it possible to use custom acl source? There is a single
database for our users and I do not want security information to be
scattered among several sources, e.g. database and files.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Custom ACL source

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 21 May 2013 16:37, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you havent already, I would recommend you take a look at a 0.22 RC to
> get a view on the updated configuration storage and web management
> interface, which now lets you configure most of the broker functionality
> (such as adding and removing AccessControl providers of differing types,
> like the shipped 'AclFile').
>
> You can find the broker 0.22 RC4 tar here
> http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.22-rc4/qpid-java-broker-0.22.tar.gzuntil RC5 is available shortly. The 0.22 docs aren't published yet but the
> trunk documentation currently matches it:
> http://qpid.apache.org/books/trunk/AMQP-Messaging-Broker-Java-Book/html/index.html
>
> Things you would need to do to implement your own access control plugin
> for 0.22 are:
>
> Implement the following plugin Factory:
>
> broker/src/main/java/org/apache/qpid/server/plugin/AccessControlFactory.java
>
> Which should then return the underlying AccessControl plugin if provided
> with appropriate configuration, implementing:
> broker/src/main/java/org/apache/qpid/server/security/AccessControl.java
>
> The broker finds the available AccessControlFactory implementations using
> ServiceLoader (
> http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/ServiceLoader.html) so
> you will need to add the appropriate provider-configuration file in the
> META-INF dir of your output jar and add it to the broker classpath for it
> to be discovered (if using the qpid-server startup script, just drop the
> jar in the lib/plugins/ directory and it will be included at startup).
>
> To help you along you can look at the implementation of the shipped file
> based AccessControl plugin. You can fan out to consider the whole
> implementation, but the files related to the above points would be:
>
> broker-plugins/access-control/src/main/java/org/apache/qpid/server/security/access/plugins/DefaultAccessControlFactory.java
>
> broker-plugins/access-control/src/main/java/org/apache/qpid/server/security/access/plugins/DefaultAccessControl.java
>
> broker-plugins/access-control/src/main/resources/META-INF/services/org.apache.qpid.server.plugin.AccessControlFactory

To be slightly more precise, you would actually need to check out the
parent 'qpid' directory if you wanted to run the build, as there are
dependencies on things like the specs dir which sits alongside the java
directory.

Re: Custom ACL source

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: Custom ACL source