Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/04 14:28:41 UTC

SQL test failures in PR builder?

I'm seeing consistent failures in the PR builder when touching SQL code:

https://amplab.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/job/NewSparkPullRequestBuilder/4960/testReport/

 org.apache.spark.sql.hive.thriftserver.SparkMetadataOperationSuite.Spark's
own GetSchemasOperation(SparkGetSchemasOperation)14 ms2
 org.apache.spark.sql.hive.thriftserver.ThriftServerWithSparkContextSuite.(It
is not a test it is a sbt.testing.SuiteSelector)

Looks like this has failed about 6 builds in the past few days. Has anyone
seen this / has a clue what's causing it? errors are like ...

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for
jdbc:hive2://localhost:13694/?a=avalue;b=bvalue#c=cvalue;d=dvalue

Caused by: sbt.ForkMain$ForkError: java.lang.RuntimeException: class
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.DefaultMetaStoreFilterHookImpl not
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.MetaStoreFilterHook

Re: SQL test failures in PR builder?

Posted by Shane Knapp <sk...@berkeley.edu>.
yeah, totally weird.

i'm actually going to take this moment and clean up the build scripts
for both of these jobs.  there's a lot of years-old cruft that i'll
delete and make things more readable.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shane Knapp <sk...@berkeley.edu>.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.