Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michelle Popovits <mp...@silverstream.com> on 2001/06/20 16:56:41 UTC

form is null in Action

Hi,

- In my SEARCH action I retrieve the required data from a datasource based on user entered search criteria.
- I place this data in a new EDIT Form instance and place it in the session.
- I Then forward to the EDIT jsp (which uses the EDIT Form) and the data is displayed nicely in a table.
- I then click SUBMIT which sends me to the EDIT Action.
- In the EDIT action the form argument is null.  I am expecting that my EDIT Form would be available here.  If I do a getAttribute from the session the EDIT Form is there.

Why is the form argument in the perform() method of the EDIT action null?

Thanks,
Michelle

Re: form is null in Action

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Michelle Popovits wrote:

> Hi,
>

> - In my SEARCH action I retrieve the required data from a datasource based on user entered search criteria.
> - I place this data in a new EDIT Form instance and place it in the session.
> - I Then forward to the EDIT jsp (which uses the EDIT Form) and the data is displayed nicely in a table.
> - I then click SUBMIT which sends me to the EDIT Action.
> - In the EDIT action the form argument is null.  I am expecting that my EDIT Form would be available here.  If I do a getAttribute from the session the EDIT Form is there.
>
> Why is the form argument in the perform() method of the EDIT action null?

Do you have a "name" attribute on the <action> declarationfor the edit
action?  If you don't Struts will think this action is not interested in a
form bean.

> Thanks,
> Michelle

Craig