Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Stephan Kuhagen <st...@tzi.de> on 2004/02/04 15:20:10 UTC

Problem setting up repository: svn: Berkeley DB error while creating environment

Hello

I´m trying to set up a svn-Repository and to migrate a
cvs-Repository. Subversion is 0.37 on Fedora, db4 is version 4.1. When
using cvs2svn or when trying "svnadmin create myrep" I always get:

  svn: Berkeley DB error while creating environment for filesystem myrep/db:
  Invalid argument

Does anybody know the reason for this problem and can give me a hint
to solve it?

Thanks in advance
Stephan

--
/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\
| EMail: stk@tzi.de                    __o  |

PS: Ich widerspreche der Nutzung oder Uebermittlung meiner
Daten fuer Werbezwecke oder fuer die Markt- und Meinungsforschung

(§28 Abs. 4 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz)

Re: Problem setting up repository: svn: Berkeley DB error while creating environment

Posted by Toshio <to...@tiki-lounge.com>.
On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 11:03, Stephan Kuhagen wrote:
> # 1) Running a non-Redhat 2.4 kernel
> # 2) Running on an i586 or lower machine
>
> 1) Thats right, Kernel 2.4.21 from kernel.org compiled on that machine.
> 2) No, its an AMD Athlon-64 running a 32-Bit-Linux.
>
> Sounds like I have to compile db4 for that kernel, right?

Or grab the latest RH Kernel.  Redhat's patched their 2.4.x kernels for
NPTL.  Then they compile db4 with NPTL support.  If you've got a vanilla
kernel db4 is trying to talk to it in NPTL language and not having much
success :-)

BTW, this is in the FAQ.
-Toshio
--
Toshio <to...@tiki-lounge.com>

RE: Problem setting up repository: svn: Berkeley DB error whilecreating environment

Posted by Stuart Robertson <do...@absolutesys.com>.
> Sounds like I have to compile db4 for that kernel, right?

Yes.  I had the exact same problem on an experimental SVN server when I
upgraded its kernel to 2.6.1.  Recompiling db4, etc. solved the problem.

Re: Problem setting up repository: svn: Berkeley DB error while creating environment

Posted by Stephan Kuhagen <st...@tzi.de>.
Hello

# >   svn: Berkeley DB error while creating environment for filesystem myrep
# >   db: Invalid argument
# The probable reason is that db4 is running on a machine that doesn't
# support NPTL (Native Posix Thread Library).  Could you tell me if either
# of the following fit your machine:

Posted by Toshio <to...@tiki-lounge.com>.