Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by BEEK Graham <gr...@capgemini.com.INVALID> on 2021/05/28 09:21:53 UTC

Security vulnerability - CVE-2018-1311

Hi,

I've just heard about this vulnerability in Xerces-C 3.2.2.

Although I can see the advisory, there's no mention of it in the bug list. Is this intentional? I was expecting some kind of analysis/response, if not a fix. Looks like it was reported over a year ago. I'm not sure of the timeframe of this sort of thing, maybe it needs to be verified before being acted on?

Anyway, I was just wondering what the state of it is and whether there's any "official" response, even if it's still "we're looking at it".

Cheers,
Graham

RE: Security vulnerability - CVE-2018-1311

Posted by BEEK Graham <gr...@capgemini.com.INVALID>.
That's great Alberto. Many thanks. I don't know why my search didn't find it!

Cheers,
Graham

the issue is tracked by https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__issues.apache.org_jira_browse_XERCESC-2D2188&d=DwIC-g&c=cxWN2QSDopt5SklNfbjIjg&r=Wl61nXdRfIRnjZZNtPVJFuBXLtD4MireJC9mpFT6kgk&m=jJUjteQnpRWlk3YEuJwMW1sbMCXHiBIT9bZVtih0pa0&s=zrgZRhmRcX7pn684FSSzG8pY6tIjLsChmT5kzblDpAE&e=

Alberto

Posted by Alberto Massari <al...@tiscali.it>.
Hi Graham,
the issue is tracked by https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XERCESC-2188