Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Michael Pearce <mp...@real.com> on 2004/04/17 00:33:34 UTC

Workbench on Resin 2.1.10

I just downloaded Tapestry (3.0-rc-3) and am getting an exception when
running the workbench application on Resin 2.1.10.  I have found an old
message on the Resin mailing list of someone getting the same problem
(http://www.caucho.com/support/resin-interest/0307/0162.html), but i was
unable to find a solution or the reason of the error.

I removed the offending code from the Border HTML file and the app does
successfully display the page, but i cannot view the inspector (obviously!).
I removed:
disabled="ognl:page.visit.disableInspector"/>

Other tabs of the workbench have similar problems.

Does anyone have any advice?

-mike

org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationRuntimeException
Unable to instantiate component ExceptionTab/$Border.$InspectorButton: null
component:
org.apache.tapestry.contrib.inspector.InspectorButton$Enhance_12@c5122f[ExceptionTab/$Border.$InspectorButton]
location: 	context:/WEB-INF/Border.html, line 53

java.lang.ClassCastException
Stack Trace:

     * org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageLoader.convert(PageLoader.java:909)
     * org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageLoader.addAssets(PageLoader.java:838)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageLoader.constructComponent(PageLoader.java:512)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageLoader.createImplicitComponent(PageLoader.java:577)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.BaseComponentTemplateLoader.createImplicitComponent(BaseComponentTemplateLoader.java:295)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.BaseComponentTemplateLoader.process(BaseComponentTemplateLoader.java:237)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.BaseComponentTemplateLoader.process(BaseComponentTemplateLoader.java:172)
     * org.apache.tapestry.BaseComponent.readTemplate(BaseComponent.java:100)
     * org.apache.tapestry.BaseComponent.finishLoad(BaseComponent.java:135)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageLoader.constructComponent(PageLoader.java:520)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageLoader.createImplicitComponent(PageLoader.java:577)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.BaseComponentTemplateLoader.createImplicitComponent(BaseComponentTemplateLoader.java:295)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.BaseComponentTemplateLoader.process(BaseComponentTemplateLoader.java:237)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.BaseComponentTemplateLoader.process(BaseComponentTemplateLoader.java:172)
     * org.apache.tapestry.BaseComponent.readTemplate(BaseComponent.java:100)
     * org.apache.tapestry.BaseComponent.finishLoad(BaseComponent.java:135)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageLoader.constructComponent(PageLoader.java:520)
     * org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageLoader.loadPage(PageLoader.java:760)
     * org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageSource.getPage(PageSource.java:153)
     * org.apache.tapestry.engine.RequestCycle.getPage(RequestCycle.java:196)
     * org.apache.tapestry.engine.DirectService.service(DirectService.java:127)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.engine.AbstractEngine.service(AbstractEngine.java:872)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet.doService(ApplicationServlet.java:197)
     *
org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet.doGet(ApplicationServlet.java:158)
     * javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:126)
     * javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:103)
     *
com.caucho.server.http.FilterChainServlet.doFilter(FilterChainServlet.java:96)
     * com.caucho.server.http.Invocation.service(Invocation.java:315)
     * com.caucho.server.http.CacheInvocation.service(CacheInvocation.java:135)
     *
com.caucho.server.http.RunnerRequest.handleRequest(RunnerRequest.java:344)
     *
com.caucho.server.http.RunnerRequest.handleConnection(RunnerRequest.java:274)
     * com.caucho.server.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:139)
     * java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

RE: Workbench on Resin 2.1.10

Posted by Michael Pearce <mp...@real.com>.
I still get the same exception after modifying the XML parser and
restarting Resin.  I am using JDK 1.4 so i tried using both the built in
XML parser (Crimson) and the Xerces parser also.  Both gave the same error
as i had seen before.

My resin.conf contains:
<web-app id='/workbench'
              app-dir='/pool/122/htdocs/workbench'>
   <system-property javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=
              "org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl"/>
   <system-property javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=
              "org.apache.crimson.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl"/>
</web-app>

The error page that results when viewing http://<myhost>/workbench/app
shows that the system properties are correctly set.

Are there any other things i may need to look for?

-m

RE: Workbench on Resin 2.1.10

Posted by Marilen Corciovei <le...@nemesisit.rdsnet.ro>.

RE: Workbench on Resin 2.1.10