Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Raymond Raymond <ra...@hotmail.com> on 2006/02/01 18:30:26 UTC

Anyone knows how I can read the content of derby log control file and log file??

Hi, is there anyone happens to know how I can read the content of
derby log control and log files? I know they are binary files. I need to
know the content of those files. Anyone can help me?

Thanks.

Raymond

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented MicrosoftŽ SmartScreen
Technology.
  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSNŽ Premium right now and get the
first two months FREE*.

Re: Anyone knows how I can read the content of derby log control file and log file??

Posted by Raymond Raymond <ra...@hotmail.com>.
Yes, I mean to know what kind of utilities I can use
to dump them out as readable.

Thanks.

Raymond

>From: Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>
>To: derby-dev@db.apache.org
>Subject: Re: Anyone knows how I can read the content of derby log control
>file and log file??
>Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 21:05:48 +0100
>
>Raymond Raymond <ra...@hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi, is there anyone happens to know how I can read the content of
> > derby log control and log files? I know they are binary files. I need to
> > know the content of those files. Anyone can help me?
>
>The format of the log files is described here:
>
>   http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/logformats.html
>
>All you need is a utility which gives you a hex dump and you're in
>action! :)
>
>--
>Knut Anders

Scan and help eliminate destructive viruses from your inbound and outbound
e-mail and attachments.

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Mike Matrigali <mi...@sbcglobal.net>.
There are really no provided utilities, and the current design
does not envision user access to the log files.  There is of
course internal code that reads these log files.  There are
internal debugging routines that dumps some of the info but
probably not going to help you.

Note that what one finds in the logs is very low level and often
will be hard to match up with a user's view, for instance an
insert of a single row may be represented by many insert log
records (to handle chained long rows and long columns).

What are you trying to do?