Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2002/11/17 11:00:11 UTC

news from the nonproductive trenches

Hi all,

just a little eyebrows-up: I have been in contact with Janne Jalkanen,
author of JSPWiki [1], the thing which sits underneath the Cocoon
DocoWiki, who is willing to bilicense the code for the TranslatorReader,
the Wiki 'markup' parser used inside JSPWiki, under an Apache-friendly
license (currently being GPL).

We (Outerthought) were thinking of packaging this thingy in a Generator
so that we can offer some reasonable migration path from Wiki markup to
'some' XML format, maybe some WikiXMLML or directly into xdocs grammar.

Primary playground for this would be the existing Cocoon DocoWiki, of
course. OTOH, it might also help us to refactor the current editing
framework that Nicola has added recently.

</Steven>

[1] http://www.ecyrd.com/JSPWiki/

stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: news from the nonproductive trenches

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
On Sunday 17 November 2002 11:00, Steven Noels wrote:
>. . .
> We (Outerthought) were thinking of packaging this thingy in a Generator
> so that we can offer some reasonable migration path from Wiki markup to
> 'some' XML format, maybe some WikiXMLML or directly into xdocs grammar.
>. . .

perfect!

I think WikiXMLML as a first step is more flexible, unless all JSPWiki markup
constructs have precise equivalents in xdocs.

-Bertrand

Re: news from the nonproductive trenches

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Steven Noels wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just a little eyebrows-up: I have been in contact with Janne Jalkanen,
> author of JSPWiki [1], the thing which sits underneath the Cocoon
> DocoWiki, who is willing to bilicense the code for the TranslatorReader,
> the Wiki 'markup' parser used inside JSPWiki, under an Apache-friendly
> license (currently being GPL).
>
> We (Outerthought) were thinking of packaging this thingy in a Generator
> so that we can offer some reasonable migration path from Wiki markup to
> 'some' XML format, maybe some WikiXMLML or directly into xdocs grammar.

Cool :-)

> Primary playground for this would be the existing Cocoon DocoWiki, of
> course. OTOH, it might also help us to refactor the current editing
> framework that Nicola has added recently.

Yup.

When the current version will work, it would be just a matter of
switching the transformer used now with th enew one to use the same
rules as the JSPWiki one.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -