Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org> on 2001/04/05 01:25:02 UTC

Re: setFeature/Property (was Re: cvs commit: xml-xerces/java/src/org/apache/xerces/xni/parser XMLComponent.java XMLParserConfiguration.java)

Arnaud Le Hors wrote:
> >   public void addRecognizedFeature(String featureId);
> >   public void addRecognizedProperty(String propertyId);
>
> Hmm. If that's what it is then I'd rather make them:
>
>    public void addRecognizedFeatures(String[] featureIds);
>    public void addRecognizedProperties(String[] propertyIds);

Fine. One call is better than many.

> One other problem with this config stuff (not your proposal) is that to
> allow an application to register its own components through the
> properties (to use instead of the default ones) I have to delay the
> creation of the pipeline until parse() gets called. As opposed to doing

Is it a reasonable scenario that the parser configuration
will actually change from parse to parse? I would prefer if
people were forced to create a new configured parser instance
if they want a different configuration for a new parse.

Or, in the case where the pipeline is reconfigured based
on application settings, then the behavior is undefined (as
well it should be).