Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by raichea <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/29 15:28:30 UTC

svnserve: DIGEST-MD5 common mech free

I repeatedly get this message in my server log.

Googling has shown that I'm not alone, although not everyone reports the
message coming from svn. Other than that, it has shed little light on
what the problem might be apart from it being somehow related to SASL.
My SVN server is not using SASL at all (as far as I know) as the
relevant section in svnserve.conf is commented out.

I've searched the web and any likely mailing lists, FAQs, documents but
am not closer to eliminating the message. Can anyone put me out of my
misery?

Thanks.

Re: svnserve: DIGEST-MD5 common mech free

Posted by raichea <ra...@yahoo.com>.
On 29/04/2013 23:08, Daniel Shahaf wrote:

 > Instead of hoping, just uncomment it and set it to "false".

Tried that... no change, unfortunately. Thanks for the thought, though.

Steve.

Re: svnserve: DIGEST-MD5 common mech free

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

Posted by raichea <ra...@yahoo.com>.
On 30/04/2013 09:52, Philip Martin wrote:

> If built with SASL support then svnserve always initialises the SASL
> subsystem.  This must be done if SASL is to be available and at this
> stage the server doesn't know which repositories will be accessed.
>
> It appears to be the SASL libraries that are producing the message when
> the SASL subsystem is shut down:
> http://git.cyrusimap.org/cyrus-sasl/tree/plugins/digestmd5.c
>
> I guess you are running svnserve in inetd mode.  I don't know how you
> suppress the message.

I am using svnserve in inetd mode and, looking at the link you gave, I'm
sure you're right.

I guess there might be a way to change the logging level of the SASL
libraries... I'll have to go digging to find out. Thanks for the
pointer, anyway.

Steve.

Re: svnserve: DIGEST-MD5 common mech free

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.

http://www.wandisco.com/subversion/download

Re: svnserve: DIGEST-MD5 common mech free

Posted by raichea <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.