Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Kurt George Gjerde <Ku...@media.uib.no> on 2001/04/27 16:38:20 UTC

Is mod_perl on win32 possible??

Hi again (and thanks to everyone who replied to my last post).

Is it at all possible to get mod_perl to work PROPERLY on win32?

Using multi-threading?

Since win32 can't fork, Apache here uses multi-threading. This actually
works very well... except for mod_perl which doesn't use multi-threading
itself.

This means that if one page takes a long time to deliver, all other
requests will have to wait in line! ...making mod_perl unusable.

Is it possible to create a multi-threaded mod_perl handler or won't this
help?

Or does there exist binaries of Apache for win32 that use forking?

Or do I have to set up a linus/bsd server... :)

thanks,
-Kurt.