Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by "Pednekar, Rupesh" <Ru...@genzyme.com> on 2004/07/26 14:50:28 UTC

ERROR in VS.NET 2003 (WORKS IN VS.NET 2002)

Hi,

Version: 1.1.1.33753
When I tried Console sample application using VS.NET 2002, it WORKS =FINE.

I created a new console application using VS.NET 2003 and added
"loggingExample.cs" file to the project, It gave me the following error:

log4net: ERROR No appenders could be found for category
(testApp.LoggingExample).

log4net:ERROR  Please initialize the log4net system properly.

NOTE: I used the same "ConsoleLoging.exe.config" file (renamed) and added
following additional code to configure.
            System.IO.FileInfo file = new
System.IO.FileInfo("ConsoleLoging.exe.config");
            log4net.Config.DOMConfigurator.Configure(file);

Version 1.2.0.30714 (BETA 8)

Same project using VS.NET 2003 but with BETA version WORKS FINE

IS THERE ANY ADDITIONAL SETTINGS REQUIRED OR THERE HAD BEEN BUG BEFORE =
THE BETA RELEASE.

Thank You,
Rupesh Pednekar

508-271-3913