Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 2002/06/13 05:45:16 UTC

[STATUS] (apr-util) Wed Jun 12 23:45:16 EDT 2002

APRUTIL LIBRARY STATUS:						-*-text-*-
Last modified at [$Date: 2002/05/31 00:13:52 $]

Release:

    0.9.0-dev : in progress

    2.0a9   : released December 12, 2000

RELEASE SHOWSTOPPERS:

    * Need apu_compat.h to track the latest renames
              and apr/apr-util?  Sounds like a job for a perl script...

    * add misc/version.c and related machinery once the pattern is
      laid out in APR.
      --> APR has completed the model, but still needs some work for
          passing this information to libtool for versioning the
	  shared libs. we can (at least) start with the header and
	  implementation code.

    * complete the efforts started by DougM for cleaner fn naming
      conventions: see proposed name changes in renames_pending
      and offer up any additions/vetos/clarifications.
      DougM offered to complete the work with his nifty perl rename
      script at the hackathon.

    * move md5 from APR into crypto
      Will Rowe outlined this move in:
           <5....@pop3.rowe-clan.net>
      Justin says:  Requires finding a suitable replacement for md5 in
                    apr/uuid for when we don't have random bytes
		    available.
      Greg says: showstopper because of the move of functions from one
                 lib to another

RELEASE NON-SHOWSTOPPERS BUT WOULD BE REAL NICE TO WRAP THESE UP:

    * Solaris's Sun Freeware (sfw) package has a busted gcc/ld setup.
      This gcc passes -L/opt/sfw/lib to /usr/ccs/bin/ld, but does not
      pass -R.  Therefore, when trying to run the code using a
      library from /opt/sfw/lib (say, libdb), the run-time linker
      will not look in /opt/sfw/lib and the program will die.
                Should check latest sfw package set and see if Sun
                may have fixed this.

Other bugs that need fixing:

Other features that need writing:

    * possibly move test/testdbm* to util/dbu
      Justin says: Do we still want to do this?  testdate is now in test.

Documentation that needs writing:

    * API documentation
    * doc the lifetimes of apr_dbm return values

Available Patches:

Open Issues: