Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Tom Wheeler <to...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/25 02:28:42 UTC

Any non-CMS/non-Wiki/non-Blog Articles or Examples?

I am interested in using Jackrabbit for basic data storage in my
desktop Java application, the same way you might use Hibernate or JDO.
 I'll be storing Java objects in some serialized form, but it won't
really be document-oriented. The articles and examples I have found,
while still helpful, are almost entirely focused on making CMS, blog
or Wiki systems.

Does anyone know of any articles -- or better yet -- simple example
applications that might better illustrate how to use Jackrabbit this
way?  Something like a simple contact management or CD collection
management application would be ideal to help me figure out the last
few pieces.

--
Tom Wheeler
http://www.tomwheeler.com/

RE: Any non-CMS/non-Wiki/non-Blog Articles or Examples?

Posted by Darren Hartford <dh...@ghsinc.com>.
Well, my experience is I've been trying to use Jackrabbit as a Simple
Document Archive (aka no workflow, just
binaryFile-version-indexProperties).  My experience with WebDAV (via
Slide) and inexperience with JCR (Jackrabbit) have slowed down some
things related to:

*Creating custom indexed properties.
*Searching (my ignorance, nothing to do with implementation/spec).
*Backup/Restore/Mount offline archives (on CD or DVD, a read-only
medium) to be made available online.  Strongly focused on the
filesystem-based storage, not RDBMS, although an eXist backend may work
(can it work from a read-only medium - aka Jackrabbit on CD?).

For example, storing all the faxes based on date, incoming DID line
(incoming phone number), incoming destination, outgoing fax number,
outgoing success/retries, # of pages, etc.

Just something I'm working on, not live/working yet.  Side-project so
been asking for assistance when I come across a stumbling block, but
nothing urgent.

Posted by David Nuescheler <da...@gmail.com>.
hi tom,

Posted by hanasaki <ha...@hanaden.com>.
jboss rules?  I have heard that it can use jcr and also svn ;)

Posted by Michael Neale <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Willis Morse <wi...@mac.com>.
Tom -

I'm embedding Jackrabbit in a desktop app myself right now.

So far, the only thing I've come across is this :

	http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=42547

- Willis Morse