Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by ri...@fr.thalesgroup.com on 2008/06/11 11:12:00 UTC

Pb deployment ODE on JBI PEtALS

hello,

I have tried to deploy on two JBI implementations your 1.2RC1 version (found
on
http://people.apache.org/~mriou/ode-1.2RC1/org/apache/ode/apache-ode-jbi/1.2
RC1/)
I play with ServiceMix-3.2.1 and PetALS-2.1.1.1 versions.

With ServiceMix, there is no major problem : I copy the two SM components
servicemix-shared-3.2.1-installer.zip and
servicemix-http-3.2.1-installer.zip in the ServiceMix 'hotdeploy' directory.
Then I copy the ODE ZIP SE ode-jbi-1.2RC1.zip and the example
HelloWorld2-sa.zip. finally I run the client test with Ant, and I obtain the
good message in return of the process invocation. So with ServiceMix all is
OK.

With PEtALS, unfortunatly when I deploy the ZIP SE component (file
ode-jbi-1.2RC1.zip), that fails at installation-time with an error message :

[petals.InstallationService] InstallationServiceImpl.loadNewInstaller()
Component succesfully installed: OdeBpelEngine
10:30:06,406 ERROR OdeLifeCycle:178 - Database configuration error.
java.lang.RuntimeException: TransactionManager is not recoverable.
        at
org.apache.ode.il.dbutil.Database.initInternalDb(Database.java:179)
        at
org.apache.ode.il.dbutil.Database.initEmbeddedDb(Database.java:232)
        at
org.apache.ode.il.dbutil.Database.initDataSource(Database.java:147)
        at org.apache.ode.il.dbutil.Database.start(Database.java:99)
        at
org.apache.ode.jbi.OdeLifeCycle.initDataSource(OdeLifeCycle.java:175)
        at org.apache.ode.jbi.OdeLifeCycle.init(OdeLifeCycle.java:113)
        at
org.ow2.petals.container.thread.ComponentLifeCycleThread.doTask(ComponentLif
eCycleThread.java:101)
        at
org.ow2.petals.container.thread.AbstractThread.run(AbstractThread.java:106)

I have a bit analyse ODE sources and I don't understand why the transaction
manager, instancied from the JBI context (getTransactionManager) should be
an instance of 'RecoverableTransactionManager' (=a class of geronimo jar not
known of PEtALS). I think there is a suspicious dependancy with ServiceMix
in this part of the code.

Matthieu, in a previous mail you said that it may that I use an "external
transaction manager". How is it possible as I don't touch anything in the
ODE configuration (I use the embedded Derby database) ? Could you develop
this idea ?

Besides, I use Java6 with ODE. Is it correct ? (I read somewhere that ODE
only supports Java5 but I'm not sure)

Thanks for your help.

Richard.

PS:
For information, the PEtALS release I use has successfully passed in March
2008 the JBI compatibility test suite (JBI TCK).

Re: Pb deployment ODE on JBI PEtALS

Posted by Christophe Hamerling <ch...@ebmwebsourcing.com>.
Hi Alex,

I really think that it will be cool but same for me, I am quite busy
preparing cool things for PEtALS v3.
I will try to do something (in the next months...) but I can promise
nothing.

Christophe

-----

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
Hi Christophe,

Posted by Christophe Hamerling <ch...@ebmwebsourcing.com>.
Hi Alex,

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
Hi Richard,

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 2:12 AM, <ri...@fr.thalesgroup.com> wrote:

> Besides, I use Java6 with ODE. Is it correct ? (I read somewhere that ODE
> only supports Java5 but I'm not sure)

Yes, you can use Java 5 or 6 at runtime.  The Java 5 limitations is only for
building Ode with Buildr due to a technical restriction on the Ruby-Java
Bridge (RJB).

(It might be possible to build with Java6 with JRuby+Buildr; I have not
tried)

PS: For information, the PEtALS release I use has successfully passed in
> March 2008 the JBI compatibility test suite (JBI TCK).

Congratulations!!

alex