Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ge...@yahoo.com on 2007/12/04 21:05:36 UTC

Tomcat 4 Successfully Authentication Logout

Hello Everybody,

I've a problem logging out from tomcat
form-realm-based authentication. I've been googling
but cant' find anything.

I just want to logout the signed user. That's it.

I'm using JSF with NB visual web pack. I added a
hiperlink which action event has the following code:

currentSession=(HttpSession)FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getExternalContext().getSession(false);
currentSession.invalidate();

Everything seem to be working fine, even the
SessionBean.destroy() method is called.... anyway the
Session is still active. I notice this because I
redirect to another page after that and this page is
correctly displayed (the login screen should appear
instead).

I think this is something about order-preprocesing
issues cause the logout link is placed inside a jsp
fragment...

Therefore, I tried sending to a normal JSP which has
the only following code:

<%
HttpSession currentSession;
HttpServletResponse resp;
currentSession = (HttpSession)
FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getExternalContext().getSession(false);
resp = (HttpServletResponse)
FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getExternalContext().getResponse();
currentSession.invalidate();
try {
    response.sendRedirect("Menu.jsp");
} catch (IOException e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
}
%>
(of course I added the necessary imports...)

But it isn't working either.

Does somebody knows how to correctly logout from
tomcat authentication when using JSF?

thanks in advance.

      Comparte video en la ventana de tus mensajes (y también tus fotos de Flickr).
Usa el nuevo Yahoo! Messenger versión Beta.
http://mx.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/