Posted to dev@usergrid.apache.org by "jasonk@apps4u.com.au" <ja...@apps4u.com.au> on 2014/07/09 04:17:00 UTC

suspected issue

HI , I started using UserGrid over the last few weeks and Ive come across a problem that concerns me , I have turned internet off on the mac's with use for our development for security reasons and to stop our developer using un approved software sources any way I noticed that our team leader had been turing on internet for our team and when I asked why I was told that user grid won't run unless the internet is on when starting the launcher , so I tested this my self and its is correct. we are running the portal on a local server and the same with user grid but when you start the launcher if the system is not connected to the internet at the time you start it it will not let anyone log in so the only reason I can see this would be the case is so it can phone home and if that is the case that is a real problem I would not expect the Apache foundation to sponsor a project that sent information back to some one. so Why is this the case and is it sending my information to some undisclosed entity .

 Jason Kristian | Director | Apps 4 U Pty Ltd.
 ph: +61 075699 8109
 mob: +61 0411 389 392
 e: Jason Kristian (mailto:jasonk@apps4u.com.au)

Re: suspected issue

Posted by Rod Simpson <ro...@rodsimpson.com>.
We also need to make the recaptcha configurable via props file. So you can still reset passwords when running in a closed system. I think I opened a ticket for this, but maybe not yet. Rod Simpson

Re: suspected issue

Posted by Ed Anuff <ed...@anuff.com>.
Just to elaborate, Usergrid uses Spring framework and loads a Spring
applicationContext.xml file at startup (actually, there are several spring
app context xml files in the project, the one in your case is probably
usergrid-standalone-context.xml).  The applicationContext.xml file uses a
number of Spring XML namespaces, which is pretty standard in the way Spring
is used.  The problem is that the XML parser validates these namespaces and
appears to make internet requests as part of that process.  It appears that
this is failing when there is no internet connection.  It looks like this
is similar to this -
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1729307/spring-schemalocation-fails-when-there-is-no-internet-connection.
 From reading the stack overflow responses, it does appear that this might

Re: suspected issue