Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2008/06/11 07:08:06 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache HTTP Server 2.2.9

Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Test tarballs for Apache httpd 2.2.9 are available at:
>
>     http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/

I've reviewed the result set of our roll release script, which axes all
of the .xml/.xsl inputs, and this leftover group of files seem odd...

httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\build.properties
httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\common.dtd
httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\faq.dtd
httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\lang.dtd
httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\manualpage.dtd
httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\modulesynopsis.dtd
httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\sitemap.dtd
httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\version.ent
httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\latex
httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\latex\atbeginend.sty

can someone confirm that all of these should be axed in an html result
tree from our roll/release script?  If so, I'll modify it.

The only things I'm sure we want to retain under the manual/style
tree are...

httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\css
httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\css\manual-chm.css
httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\css\manual-loose-100pc.css
httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\css\manual-print.css
httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\css\manual-zip-100pc.css
httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\css\manual-zip.css
httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\css\manual.css

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache HTTP Server 2.2.9

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> André Malo wrote:
> > Well, for the pure (online) HTML distribution manual.css,
> > manual-print.css and manual-loose-100pc.css should be sufficient.
> > The *zip* CSS files are modifications for static distributions and the
> > *chm* file for the CHM build.
> >
> > I suggest however to blacklist the (CSS) files you want to kick instead
> > of whitelisting the used ones. That way there's less room for mistakes
> > :)
>
> /shrug - I'm thinking it's not really worth it to even bother to axe
> these, they are small and harmless and generally not confusing, unlike
> the other noise I mentioned which are confusing enough for me to have to
> ask :)

fair enough ;)

nd
--
Da fällt mir ein, wieso gibt es eigentlich in Unicode kein
"i" mit einem Herzchen als Tüpfelchen? Das wär sooo süüss!

                                 -- Björn Höhrmann in darw

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache HTTP Server 2.2.9

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Jim Jagielski wrote:
> > Test tarballs for Apache httpd 2.2.9 are available at:
> >
> >     http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
> I've reviewed the result set of our roll release script, which axes all
> of the .xml/.xsl inputs, and this leftover group of files seem odd...
>
> httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\build.properties
> httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\common.dtd
> httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\faq.dtd
> httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\lang.dtd
> httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\manualpage.dtd
> httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\modulesynopsis.dtd
> httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\sitemap.dtd
> httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\version.ent
> httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\latex
> httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\latex\atbeginend.sty
>
> can someone confirm that all of these should be axed in an html result
> tree from our roll/release script?  If so, I'll modify it.

confirmed.

> The only things I'm sure we want to retain under the manual/style
> tree are...
>
> httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\css
> httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\css\manual-chm.css
> httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\css\manual-loose-100pc.css
> httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\css\manual-print.css
> httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\css\manual-zip-100pc.css
> httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\css\manual-zip.css
> httpd-2.2.9\manual\style\css\manual.css

Well, for the pure (online) HTML distribution manual.css, manual-print.css
and manual-loose-100pc.css should be sufficient.
The *zip* CSS files are modifications for static distributions and the *chm*
file for the CHM build.

I suggest however to blacklist the (CSS) files you want to kick instead of
whitelisting the used ones. That way there's less room for mistakes :)

nd
--
"Solides und umfangreiches Buch"
                                          -- aus einer Rezension