Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/06 15:39:34 UTC

Mutually dependant blocks

Peter,

Should a situation where block A depends on block B and vice versa be OK?
At the moment (Jesktop) I am coding this with a Callback, but I don't
think that's right.

- Paul H

Re: Mutually dependant blocks

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Paul Hammant wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Should a situation where block A depends on block B and vice versa be OK?

I would say no.

> At the moment (Jesktop) I am coding this with a Callback, but I don't
> think that's right.

Same here. This calls for refactoring.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: Mutually dependant blocks

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.

>>Should a situation where block A depends on block B and vice versa be OK?
>>

>nope because a dependency tree could not be built. It should throw a failed
>validation exception if it detects this.

Darn.

>>At the moment (Jesktop) I am coding this with a Callback, but I don't
>>think that's right.
>>

>Seems fine to me ;) Whats the particular case.

Kernel needs WindowManager and v.v.

The latter has a method setDesktopKernel(..)

- Paul

Re: Mutually dependant blocks

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.

--