Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/04 17:35:48 UTC

Please Define 'Mutation' Before Usage

The 'Accumulo Shell' section of the User Manual refers to 'mutations'
but that term is not defined. It might mean the obvious - changing
data. But it might also have some specific connotation for Accumulo.
Since this is not a common term, can you please define it or use a
different term?

Re: Please Define 'Mutation' Before Usage

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
Mutation does have a more specific meaning than just changing data.
Its a set of inserts/updates/deletes to the columns within a row.  Can
you open a ticket? Maybe we need a definitions section within the user
manual.