Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Shirish Kulkarni <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/06 05:17:23 UTC

Questions about schemaLocation

Hi,

I understand, that schemaLocation attribute in the XML
instance is used to point to physical location of the
Schema getting referred.

I observed, that the parser is able to pick schema's
from the current directory on Unix, but if I were to
formulate a common logic for Unix & NT for a "global"
location, then I have the following questions.

1) How is the logic for the search path for the
schemaLocation in Xerces ? e.g. firstly $pwd then
$PATH, then $HOME , then via httpd etc. How does it
handle NT Vs Unix environment - Does it require any
environment settings specific to Xerces parser  ?

2) Does the host on which the schema is located need
to run httpd ? OR is it possible to access schema's
using URLs ?

Any inputs are welcome.

Thanks,
Shirish