Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Peter Flynn <pf...@ucc.ie> on 2007/01/05 17:38:51 UTC

unparsed-entity-uri()

Does anyone know when or if the unparsed-entity-uri() function will be
implemented in distributions of Cocoon? It's becoming very hard to do
serious document publishing without proper entity resolution.

///Peter

Re: unparsed-entity-uri()

Posted by "Steven D. Majewski" <sd...@virginia.edu>.
On Jan 5, 2007, at 11:38 AM, Peter Flynn wrote:

> Does anyone know when or if the unparsed-entity-uri() function will
> be implemented in distributions of Cocoon? It's becoming very hard
> to do
> serious document publishing without proper entity resolution.

I don't know but this is also a big problem for us.

I started trying to follow the code flow in cocoon and soon got lost.

Someone suggested a workaround ( which I haven't yet tried):

   Write a cocoon reader which does the xslt transform itself rather
   than running it thru the pipeline. Use the transform mainly for
   replacing unparsed entities with something that cocoon can handle.
   Then call that pipeline as a source in another pipeline to do the
   rest of the processing.

-- Steve Majewski / UVA Alderman Library